At Farmigo, we want to transform the way we think about food, technology, and community - which is exactly what we're aiming to do with our monthly FoodHacker series.
The theme of our August talk is “In the Weeds”, and will feature five, local entrepreneurs, as they share their stories and experiences about working in the food world.
The question of the night for our speakers* – What have you learned about nurturing a business from nothing into something, as an entrepreneur working in New York City?
• Benzi Ronen (Moderator); Founder and CEO of Farmigo – Farmigo works to make local, farm-to-table food easily available, connecting farmers to neighbors, neighbors to each other, and everyone to a better way to eat.
• Nicole Chaszar (Speaker); CEO and Co-Founder of The Splendid Spoon – Nicole is the Co-Founder of The Splendid spoon, a Brooklyn-based vegan and gluten-free microsoupery, and source their ingredients from growers within 200 miles of NYC.
• Scott Bridi (Speaker); Chef and Owner of Brooklyn Cured – Brooklyn native and former Gramercy Tavern charcuterie chef, Scott founded Brooklyn Cured in 2010, and uses locally and regionally sourced meats to produce his delicious sausages, hotdogs, and more.
• Jorge Salamea (Speaker); Jorge's impressive resume includes Annisa, Ssam Bar, and Ma Peche. He co-opened Bar Q with Anita Lo, and worked as Operations Director at Seersucker, opening Nightingale 9. Jorge is now in the early stages of opening a food related venture called Cuatro Rios which will make use of local farms products.
• Sean Dimin (Speaker); Co-Founder of Sea to Table - Sean founded Sea to Table, a boutique distributor that delivers fresh seafood from artisanal fishers directly to chefs. Last year alone, Sea to Table shipped sustainable seafood to over 1,000 chefs in 46 states and 40 + university dining programs.
• Viraj Puri (Speaker); Co-Founder of Gotham Greens - Viraj founded Gotham Greens in 2008. Gotham Greens designs, builds and operates commercial scale greenhouse facilities in urban areas for fresh vegetable production.
Come early and enjoy yourself in our offices right on the canal with beer from the Brooklyn Brewery and snacks. Then settle in to listen, think, get inspired.
*If you're interested in participating as a speaker in a future event, please e-mail [masked].
Beer will be lovingly provided by Brooklyn Brewery