We’d really love it if you’d follow the group policies, which are….
1) Take the little bit of time and effort required to complete the information we ask for on your group profile, including posting a photo of YOU. This lets the organizers and other members know that you are a real person with a real intention of participating. Please also feel free to fill out your interests, talents, trade and anything else you want to share with the group.
2) Again, a current photo of YOU must be posted as your MAIN photo. Your pets, scenery and favorite superheroes can be posted as secondary photos, but we need the primary photo to be identifiably you. If you are going to attend events, we are going to see what you look like. If you are not going to attend events, we ask you not to join the group. The first hint that a member is creepy is the lack of a clear photo – so don’t be shy; smile and say “Cheese!”
3) We ask that you attend at least two events per year. If you are listed as 'Inactive" for over 6 months, be warned that you run the risk that we will remove you from the group. We want the members listed on our meetup to be real people, who really come out and do all the really cool things that we are really offering, and don’t want our lists cluttered with people who are not at all involved or are not real.
4) We have eliminated the "maybe" option from our RSVP, because we have found that a “maybe” is usually a “no.” We take our RSVP lists seriously and it is a big pain for us to deal with No-Shows.
5) If there is an RSVP deadline, please honor it, or send a personal email to the organizer and grovel - it just might work, especially if you offer to buy us a drink for our patience and efforts.
6) No-Shows are a no-no. Please do everything in your power to have your RSVP accurately reflect whether or not you are intending to be at an event. Please cancel your “yes” as soon as you realize it is a “no.” If you RSVP yes and don’t show up 3 times in one year, you run the risk of removal from the group.
7) A minimum Meetup Fee of $2.00 is collected at each event for the maintenance of this site. Please be a grown-up and pay this fee when you first arrive at your event, and make the organizers’ jobs a little easier. (MeetUp Charges As to host our group on their site.) One guest is permitted to attend for free.
8) If something unpleasant happens for you at a meetup, please let the organizer know directly. We want these events to be enjoyable for everyone and will do all that we can do to make your experience fun and safe. Posting negative comments on the “rate your meetup” survey is unnecessary, and will probably will be seen more as you being a jerk than anything else.
9) NO solicitation or spam of ANY kind is permitted. If you want to suggest an idea that could be perceived as a personal plug, send a message to the organizers about it.
10) It bears repeating - SPAM is not tolerated on this meetup!!!
SPAMers will be ejected from this group immediately and without warning.
11) If you want to promote your business, you can become a sponsor.
For as little as $10/month you become a sponsor.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Carpe Diem||August 2, 2010 9:27 AM||Jose|