addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The IGDA Sacramento Game Development Group Message Board Game Jams › 3rd March 2012 - Game Jam Results

3rd March 2012 - Game Jam Results

Moki
Izaleu
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 10
Awesome.

That is all. :P
A former member
Post #: 253
:-D I am still working on getting all the different project stuff together, will post stuff soon! :-D It was pretty fun.
A former member
Post #: 277

Team 01
Game Name: I got you Pickachu!
Team Members: Joseph Burchett
Tools Used: Flash, Flixel, Flash Builder
source: https://github.com/retrogamer4ever/Sac-Jam-03-Game­
Description: You have to move Bulbasaur with the arrow keys and shoot pokeballs with spacebar at
the incoming Pickachu's, the more you catch the higher your score will get!

Team 02
Game Name: Beat Down
Team Members: Devin Becker and his two guests
Tools Used: Flash, Stencyl
Source: http://files.meetup.com/558248/Beat%20down.zip­
Description: An awesome rhythm based fighting game.

Team 03
Game Name: ALT
Team Members: Steve­, Bill Hooper,, Walter Gonzalez and few other members
Tools Used: Java
Source: None
Description: As concieved, you would have a black maze on a white background/universe and a white maze on a black background/universe. (the game,of course, could be easily expanded by adding more universes) In addition there are several green health power-ups and red power suckers, that slowly very in size (from a single pixel dot ... to a large circle) More health points would be affected when the power sprite is smaller, and conversely, less, when it is bigger. Health automatically counts down from 100 ... unless you are constantly moving ... which slows the timer.(this forces the player to be in constant movement, thus hindering their decision making process!) There is a key in each universe that you must collect in order to use the exit in the universe you start in. (this was Paul's idea )(it was very powerful, because it forces the player to switch between universes more!) Power sprites reset their locations when you make contact with one. (so you can't just stay in one place and collect life!) The functional keys are the 'ALT' key for switching universes ( -10 points of health), A PEEK key 'P' (-1 point health/every second key it is depressed), and movement keys (up,down,left,right). It would be wise to peek before you leap (ALT) ... because if you leap blindly ... you may land on a wall in the other universe's maze and die! I envisioned the game having the same sort of audible warnings as in the the old arcade game LABRYNTH. (ie, " Wizard ... your health is running out!: and "Warrior ... you are about to die!" ,etc)
The game LABRYNTH, and the hard sci/fi book TWISTOR (by John Cramer) were my main inspirations for this game. I was very pleased about how much programing got done in the time allotted. Bill and Walter handled the programming aspect, while Paul and I worked on the mazes. (Paul did most of the work there, as well as transcribing the maze into code (1,0) so it could be added to the program) I was working on a more detailed maze, but due to time constraints we needed to go with Paul's ... time was the enemy as expected!

Team 04
Game Name: RandomExploration or Story Finder
Team Members: Jeff Louie, few other members
Tools Used: Objective-C
Description: Game for finding unique stories based on your GPS location. The twist is that you can add to the story. This group came up with some really amazing ideas!

Team 05
Game Name: ???
Team Members: Noel Yang, and few other members
Tools Used: None
Description: The group spent their time thinking of a really elabrate game design but never actually got around to executing

Team 06
Game Name: None
Team Members: Andy­, Anton Magdalin plus his friend, and few other members
Tools used: Unity3D, C++
Source: http://files.meetup.com/558248/sacjam03team06art.zip­
Description: This group had a pretty rocky road, they first started out with Unity but then the programmers had to leave early so they made a quick and dirty demo with some awesome 2D art by Anton and used one of the programmers C++ skills to toss a quick demo together.

Id say this Game Jam turned out to be very good, lots of people came, things were made... Yup, yup. Can't wait to see what games are made at the next jam! Make sure to check out the album for the Sac Jam 03. Also I am sure I missed some names for the people on each of the teams... If you were on one of the teams and I didn't include your name please let me know!
A former member
Post #: 7
@joseph. sure no problem mentioning me at all. And we certainly are looking for a TON of people. I'll inbox you my phone number so we can text /call w/e about it a bit.