Project Discovery & Planning / Lean Startup / Agile Development
This month's Meetup will be a Round Table discussion among all participants. A great opportunity to learn from each other.
Quick summary of key points for discussion:
- How do you identify a minimum viable product? (Lean Startup / Lean Thinking approaches)
- What tools, mental models, or workshop techniques do you use to learn and discover what you should be building?
- Many of the questions below relate to Agile Development processes. Read through for a better idea of where the discussion will go.
We look forward to hearing about your experiences of what has worked and what has not.
The point at which you know least about a project, is at the beginning. How do you help your customer to know what they want? What tools, mental models, or workshop techniques do you use to learn and discover what you should be building? What skills do you need as an investigator? How do you identify a minimum viable product? What prototyping techniques do you use? How do you plan for iterative releases and set expectations for learning along the way?
Possible conversation topics could include:
* Defining product outcomes
* Investigation skills (conversation not interrogation)
* User profiling / personas
* What is a story?
* Story mapping
* Ready, really ready, really really ready stories
* Prototyping / wireframing
* Release roadmap
If anyone has any stories they can tell of where things have gone well, where things have gone not so well, lessons learned and advice or wants to share how they handle these things then this Meetup is for you.
Complimentary appetizers will be served at 5:45 pm.