Going GREEN in Orange County, CA Message Board › Southern California to be hit hard by a developing 2012/2013 El Nino Pattern

Southern California to be hit hard by a developing 2012/2013 El Nino Pattern

Kevin F.
Earth-Internet
Göteborg, SE
Post #: 33
I've recently yesterday discovered some news over here in Sweden of a possible weather phenomena most of you are familar with called an El Nino Weather Pattern. It is expected to hit Southern California the worst. I am from your neck of the concrete woods so to speak, but even though I live here I am concerned still for the folks there. If some people could monitor this news over there and report and post their findings, this may be beneficial for all.

Not only is the situation different from the early 1980s pattern which was horrific, but the housing construction boom since then has added much more surface runoff potential than existed then. The other hazard is all the mega-fires this past decade which have stripped hills and mountains of valuable vegetation and lack of great significant rainfall to restore such ecosystems.

Again, please share any local info you may have on the ground zero of this area.

El Nino Weather Pattern 2012

Thanks alot, Kevin