Go Session #3 : For Beginner Devs
6:15-7:45 Instruction and Pair Programming
This Go Session is designed for novice Go developers. Come find out what all the buzz is about through a hands-on workshop. You'll learn the basics as well as some of the key features that make Go stand out from the crowd.
After you complete the workshop you'll know how to:
• Install Go from the official binary distributions and setup a working development environment
• Utilize the Go CLI tools to download, build, test, and run Go packages
• Leverage Go's built-in concurrency to solve real world problems
• Solid programming experience in at least one language (Bash, Ruby, Python, Java, etc)
• Novice/beginner Go developer
• Comfortable working on the command line
Note: Given the limited space, please change your RSVP to "no" if you can't attend. (No-shows will be forced to code something in Java in order to be let back into the group's good graces.)
Kelsey Hightower is Director of Engineering at Monsoon Commerce and before that was Head of IT Operations at Puppet Labs. He is an experienced IT operations and software engineering leader with extensive experience successfully managing development, operations and professional services projects. He's an expert in Go and in quickly getting others up and running and coding in the language.
• Bring a computer
• Bring a thirst for learning Go.
• Visit link below for Go setup tips:
About the Event Sponsors/Hosts
Sourcegraph is reinventing code search for the modern programmer. Find the code you need quickly, see anywhere in the open-source world that a function or library is used, and discover other like-minded programmers. Start using it now for Go and several other languages at Sourcegraph.com.
Iron.io is the maker of IronMQ, a highly available message queue, and IronWorker, an elastic task queue/worker service. Iron.io's services are designed for doing things asynchronously and operating at scale. (www.iron.io)