addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Chinese Outdoor Enthusiasts Message Board › Mt Whitney Update - 3/6

Mt Whitney Update - 3/6

Closed to new replies

Roman C.
user 21929161
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 2
Mt Whitney Hikers/Backpackers!

Some updates for our Mt Whitney dayhiking/backpacking trip:
We will hold the 3rd training sessions on March 10. You can choose either the 20+ miles Ohlone Wilderness Hiking (http://www.meetup.com...­) or the Double Mission Peak Backpacking (http://www.meetup.com...­. Both are good for endurance training. These trainings can not only improve your endurance but also help build the rapport among us. Please try your best to join.

According the feedbacks I received, we will use the following candidate dates in the lottery as the 'entry date' into the Mt Whitney trail. This will be a three-night-four-day trip (for backpacking, add one more night), so you may need to take one or two days off to participant.

7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, 7/15, 7/8, 7/1, 6/24,
7/21, 7/28, 8/4, 8/11, 7/14, 7/7, 6/17
7/13, 7/20, 7/2, 7/3, 7/4, 7/5, 7/6, 7/7, 9/2, 9/3

We will submit one overnight(backpacking) and two day-hiking applications next week before the deadline (Mar 15th). Here are your options:

1. If you RSVP'ed both dayhiking and backpacking, please send me $32 deposit via paypal for the permit fee., $30 will be refunded if we don't get any slot, the other $2 goes to application fee ($6 per application, non-refundable).

2. If you RSVP'ed just dayhiking or just backpacking, please send me $16 via paypal, $15 will be refunded if you don't get a slot.

3. If you RSVP'ed dayhiking and really want to improve your chance of getting a slot, please send me $31 so that you will be considered twice in the lottery :) $30 refundable if you don't get a slot.

4. If you are not sure if you really can make it, please RSVP but don't send me the deposit. You will be put in waiting list. If someone withdraws their slots later, I will contact you.

If you get a slot via the lottery, your deposit will be used to pay for the permit fee. No refund will be given. If you later find out you can't make the trip, please contact us ASAP. You will not be refunded until we find another qualified candidate to replace you.

My paypal account is also my email account (meetup asked me not to post email address here, you can check my profile and click 'Send email' instead). Deadline for deposit is Sunday, March 11. If you don't have payapl, you can also send cash in person to me or Bo Q. Zhu during the two hiking trips on 3/10. Paypal is preferred because refunding is easier.

Thanks and see you on the trailhead!

Roman