The Austin Area Great Dane Meetup Group Message Board › Zingers restaurant in the Galleria has a vicious dog

Zingers restaurant in the Galleria has a vicious dog

Candy H.
user 53801412
Kingsland, TX
Post #: 1
KoKo & I went to lunch at zingers sunday noonish. There was 1 family there and a very large white boxer/pit with a big black spiked collar on that was roaming around. When we entered and sat at a table,the two little girls in the family came over to pet KoKo. So came the white dog who immediately jumped on my dog and attacked her on the back of the neck. I was trying to get the dog off and discovered it did not belong to the family. I went inside to report it and a guy came out (maybe the owner or manager of the restaurant), didn't apologize, just said he never has attacked another dog and since he didn't see it he didn't really think it happened. Did not even ask if my dog was ok. I told him that children were in the middle of it at the time and he just shrugged, clipped the dog's collar to a leash to the fence and went back inside. If this dog is roaming when you go, do not go in. It is not safe. KoKo is ok but I put myself in danger trying to yank this big dog off of her neck and the spiked collar did not help matters. So - don't take your children or animals in when this dog is around - the owner obviously does not care.
Catherine Vessey (...
user 18857541
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
Is Koko okay ? I wonder what would have happened if the dog had bit one of the children ? Thanks for the heads up !
Candy H.
user 53801412
Kingsland, TX
Post #: 2
Update to my post - I have now been contacted by the owner of Zingers, Alan McArthur, who is also the owner of the dog. He has apologized and wants to invite me back to the restaurant. He really enjoyed the great dane group coming to the restaurant and wants to make sure we come back. He says his dog is not vicious but was protecting the little girls that were petting KoKo since he has a little girl. He also stated that he has taken precautions to ensure that this does not happen again. I appreciate the response by Mr. McArthur and that is why I am adding this post. I have enjoyed the restaurant in the past and if he can assure us that we will be safe, then I will try again - cautiously. He still does not think his dog has any issues and that is worrisome to me. So, that is the update.