Richard
user 10340596
Rochester, NY
Post #: 1
Hi all,
I discovered a tick on my leg near my knee this morning. I removed it with some difficulty, but plan to see my doctor this afternoon to be sure I got it all out. I believe it came from the hike in Abraham Lincoln park on Saturday. I took a shower right after the hike and did not see any ticks. This one must have somehow attached to me after I showered because I could not have missed it. One of our hikers did find a tick on her lower pant leg during the hike, so we know they are in that park. This is the first time I have ever had a tick. If you did the hike Saturday and have found any ticks please let us know.
Richard
colleen b.
user 74684682
Victor, NY
Post #: 1
They are literally in all the parks and anywhere you walk through tall grass. I have begun using gaiters and spraying myself with deep woods off.
Judi O.
user 7353483
Rochester, NY
Post #: 7
Thanks for the warning.
Jean
JeanS
Rochester, NY
Post #: 6
I hate using the heavy duty insecticides on me, even if it's just on my clothing. That said, if I'm going to expect to walk through tall grass I will use it. On the other hand, I'm going to try to avoid walking through tall grass I guess.
Carol C.
user 41205802
Rochester, NY
Post #: 7
Yes the ticks are very bad this year. My dog of 11 years has never had one and this year in a matter of THREE DAYS, I removed TWO of them! I had her checked out by the Vet afterwards because I was concerned with the removal of one that I may not have gotten it all. The Vet told me it is really bad this year and they are seeing it more than they ever have. She advised me to get a really good repellent for both of us. So I broke down and got the expensive tick repellent for my dog. I still hike with her but she has not gotten anymore ticks since I treated her and I personally have had no problem.