HacDC Message Board › What events would you like to see at HacDC?

What events would you like to see at HacDC?

A former member
Hey all,

I'm Brad, HacDC's shiny new president. We've been doing this meetup thing for a while now. All of our events are here, and we're using it as our main calendar. My personal goal, as the new president of HacDC, is to get more new faces in our door. I really want HacDC to be the DC community space where we can help make your tech project ideas into reality.

I was told at the Future Tense conference at the New America Foundation that people have some misconception that our events are for people who already know tech or are already official members of our space. That is really not the case. All of our events open to the public.

So what can HacDC do to help you get excited and make things? Do you want classes? Events on hacker culture and political issues? Group projects you can get involved in? Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen.

If you've got time, stop by HacDC tonight for micro-controller Mondays and say hi.

B
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Brad - I'd love more classes for the enthusiast category of hacker... I did the intro to soldering/MintyBoost class a while back and had a great time with it. I'm a bit of a newbie to hardware hacking and would absolutely take any lower level classes on microcontrollers, arduino fun, etc.

Cheers

L