So here's another semi-coherent rambling of what my failing mind thinks happened at Hackeriet the last few weeks. If you feel something important is missing, please send a mail to our mailinglist.
- We have 8+2 paying members as of November 30th, which is one student membership and one full membership more than in October. If you want to help support us, please check out <http://hackeriet.no/member/>.
- Our bank account savings are about 9000 NOK. If you have ideas on what to spend this on, then show up at one of our meetings. :)
- trygvis (Trygve), aevin (Eivind), Atluxity (Hans-Petter) and Christian built a HUGE cabinet (with a lock) for storing things. There's plenty of room there to put your stuff, and any paying members are free to use it. We have even bought some plastic crates for your use. The cabinet needs a paint job though. If you're up for making it look good, then drop in. To get access to the cabinet, get in touch with some of the regulars or bring your lock picking tools. :D
- bsb (Èireann) organized his OWASP workshop about Shodan. More than 20 people showed up for it, learning about all kinds of interesting things you can do with a searchable historical database of port scans. We also had food (thank you Secode and Michael Mann for sponsoring the Pizza), and a very interesting discussion about the ethical boundaries of using a service like Shodan. Thanks go also to the Norwegian OWASP chapter and Erlend Oftedal for their support.
- Hackeriet had an extraordinary general assembly where we made some changes to our bylaws that made it easier for us to Get Things Done. Minutes have been written, printed and signed, and the updated bylaws should be registered at altinn.no by now. The biggest bylaws change affecting regular members is that the board has to tell Hackeriet's members two days in advance if use their signatory powers (e.g. when we open a bank account, sign a rental contract, etc.) More details can be read on <http://hackeriet.no/meetings/20111116-meeting>.
- We have started preparing Hackeriet's two year anniversary! Although the actual date is December 17th, we'll have the party on Feburary 11th 2012. We already have some very cool stuff scheduled, but there's
room for more. If you like organizing parties or events, then get in touch with krav (Kristian) ASAP. We need more help!
- We have a nice poster now! Thanks to sjn (myself :), xorgic (Kim) and Atluxity in getting it finished. You can see the final result the next time you visit Humla. ;)
- Subsoniq (Vegard) brought his 3D printer, and started printing a (rather menacing) gripping claw. Impressive work! We also noticed that for others to be able to print stuff, they should have the right software installed on their computer. If you're interested in this, get in touch with Subsoniq.
That's it for the November writeup. I hope to see you at Hackeriet in December!
- sjn (Salve, on behalf of the Hackeriet Propaganda Ministry)
Edited by Salve J. Nilsen on Dec 2, 2011 4:11 PM