Goal - To collaboratively explore big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We'll delve in to the ways that these exciting technologies are shaping the future and how we can all apply these insights practically. Lets work together to demystify Map-Reduce, Bayesian Inference, Neural Models, and many more!
Time - Once per week. First meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 26th at 8:00 pm
Location - Hack Reactor at 944 Market St. (Market and 5th), 8th floor.
Topics - Each week we'll focus on the lessons from the Coursera Web Intelligence and Big Data course.
Sign-up and more info - https://www.coursera.org/course/bigdata
Recommended background - Basic programming, SQL and data structures. Exposure to probability, statistics and matrices.
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Look: Search, Indexing and Memory
3. Listen: Streams, Information and Language, Analyzing Sentiment and Intent
4. Load: Databases and their Evolution, Big data Technology and Trends
5. Programming: Map-Reduce
6. Learn: Classification, Clustering, and Mining, Information Extraction
7. Connect: Reasoning: Logic and its Limits, Dealing with Uncertainty
8. Programming: Bayesian Inference for Medical Diagnostics
9. Predict: Forecasting, Neural Models, Deep Learning, and Research Topics
10. Data Analysis: Regression and Feature Selection
Looking for guest speakers!
If you, or someone you know would be a good guest speaker for a future meeting of our club, please let us know!