addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hacks/Hackers Boston Message Board › The Boston Globe editorial got it entirely wrong about the concept of the In

The Boston Globe editorial got it entirely wrong about the concept of the Internet

Bob F.
BobFrankston
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
http://www.bostonglob...­

Perhaps it's time for me to talk to the group and explain that the Internet is just another telecommunications service but rather a technique for using any available facilities (including legacy telecom paths) to exchange ideas using bits (like writing stories using the alphabet).

Creating a separate first-responder magical kingdom would be a disaster but the real issue is a deep failure to understand the new paradigm.
Mark R.
user 2519633
Boston, MA
Post #: 5
Bob - I hope you do give a talk to the group. But I'd urge you to also submit an op-ed to the Globe to explain to readers exactly how the Globe got it wrong. Reporters generally have little or no idea what they're talking about when they write about anything technical, and all too often the public ends up totally misinformed, and as a result politicians get away with imposing bad laws that end up benefiting their friends while harming the public.
Akshat P.
akshatpradhan
Boston, MA
Post #: 233
I just read this, but +1 to Mark's reply.