April 18, 2012 · 6:30 PM
Pima Canyon Parking Lot
Group, it's time for another fun South Mountain work out.
Let's head out on the Desert Classic trail and make our way down to the long, fun climb up to the Marcos De Niza trail. This hill always provides a good work out. From there, we'll make our way down to the old stone house. We'll then pick up the Ridgeline trail and take that down to Beverly Canyon. This will eventually dump us out back at the parking lot. This will be a fun , 5 mile work out with plenty of hill climbs to keep folks happy. We should finish in about 2 hours.
Bring a head lamp, plenty of water and salty snacks if you need them. Be on time. We only wait 1.76 minutes after the start time, then hit the trail.
For those that like beer, we normally head to Rustler's Rooste for a brew after the hike.
Here are directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the LETTER and you'll find us with ease.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.