add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The East Bay Healing Collective Message Board › It's time again for my monthly Writing As Meditation Workshop!

It's time again for my monthly Writing As Meditation Workshop!

Tara Maria F.
user 12503842
Berkeley, CA
It's time again for my monthly Writing As Meditation Workshop!

This workshop is a culmination of over 15 years of study and practice. It is my heart and I am so very happy to share these practices with you.

Here's a little more about it....

Writing As Meditation

...Learn how to align yourself with the moment and to express the experience with lucidity...

The bridge between writing the experience and the actual experience is the imagination. Through practicing the Creating Space For Breath meditation, the energy within the imagination contracts and expands allowing enough space around the experience so that it can breathe into the fullness of itself.

Through the practice of mindful writing as an extension of the meditation, the words that embody the experience will begin to surface and find their way onto the page. The act of mindful writing is an act of letting go and creates a release throughout the entire body and mind, allowing personal healing.

In this monthly 3 1/2 hour workshop we will practice the Creative Space For Breath meditation and writing as an extension of meditation, then share our experiences and writing with one another.

This workshop is for everyone interested in practicing authentic communication and is offered for $40; however no one will be turned away for lack of funds.

------------------every second Saturday--------------------------------­-------

the next one is Saturday, February 12 from 10:30am to 2pm

testimonials from last month's workshop:

"I had the good fortune of participating in one of Tara's writing workshops recently.  What a gift.  Blending writing and meditation provided me a new means for accessing imagery that formed (and informed) my latest pastel piece.  I think such practices can cut right to the raw, vulnerable places in us that serve to awaken and deepen our understanding of universal truths.  Very cool."

"I'm so glad that I gave myself the gift of Tara's workshop.  I knew I had to be there since she was combining 2 of my favorite things!  Her meditation guidance was flawless and her tips for keeping us centered and in the moment while we wrote was something that I'm sure will stay with me for a long time.  Tara shared with us how the practice of combining these 2 art forms helped her out of a dark place and I can see why: when you combine stillness with a means of expressing your truth you will find just how unique, precious and valuable you really are!  Thanks again sweet Tara...hope to see you again soon!!"

thank you!

Tara Maria Ford