addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › WONDER IN THE WOODS Dec 18th 9AM

WONDER IN THE WOODS Dec 18th 9AM

A former member
Post #: 15
WONDER IN THE WOODS

Have you ever wondered what lies beyond the 7.8 mile loop in Busse Woods. This is your chance to explore the woods and grasslands with me. My goal is to stay off the main trail as much as possible. The mileage I would hope to be 10 - 15 miles. There will be a lot of bushwhacking/trail blazing and following deer paths on this hike. That means it will be a bit more physically and mentally strenuous then the normal paved path. We are bound to cross over the 7.8 loop path. This will allow bailout point. I suggest everyone down loads (http://www.fpdcc.com/...­) so they have the option of taking the loop path back to there car.

Meet location
From RT 53 (I355) and RT 72 Higgins travel east to the first south bound road into the park. Drive about a ¼ mile I will park my green/grey prius by the 1st washroom building.

Things to bring
sturdy water proof boots, gaiters ( or snow pants), layers of cloths, water, snack

Optional gear
Yak tracks, snowshoes, walking poles, pizza

I will leave my cel # to all yes
robert