align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Are leshed dogs allowed

Are leshed dogs allowed

A former member
Post #: 1
Wondering if anyone brings their dogs for the hike, or if they are allowed
Jack D
JackDonoval
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 21
Wondering if anyone brings their dogs for the hike, or if they are allowed

In brief, "that depends."

We do not have a set "yes or no" policy on pets. You should ask the individual organizer for the specific event whether or not a dog is welcome on that specific hike or outing. But even if you get a "yes" response, you should do your own research on whether or not dogs are allowed on the trails that hike is planned for. Information about that on the various county and state forest preserve web-sites seems to be hit or miss, so expect to wind up making a phone call or two to check it out.

Hope that helps!
A former member
Post #: 12
I would like to see specific "dog friendly" hikes... anyone else have dogs and want to hike with them? Please post here! I live in Lake in the Hills and have two Australian Shepherds... anyone anytime who wants to find a hike to take dogs... let me know!

my website

Mary
user 5345833
Naperville, IL
Post #: 11
I don't have any dogs but I know the Naperville Hiking Group is very dog friendly. The most important thing is if you think your dogs can handle the hike.