addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Today's Weather

Today's Weather

This message board is read-only.

Christine
user 3279138
Mount Juliet, TN
Hello, Morgan-Monroe Maybe's and Yes's!

As you can see, it's not looking too good outside. The forecast called for rain today, but in Indiana, I don't believe a thing until the day of!! I've checked the forecasts this morning for Martinsville and Indy (between which the Forest is located) and they call for rain in both until about 7pm tonight.

As you know, according to our Hiking Plan, we cancel the hikes only for rain, sleet, or hail because it's just too messy for most people to really enjoy themselves. As always, when we cancel the organized hike due to weather, you are still welcome to go out on your own or with other hikers to make the trek anyway. Feel free to update your RSVP if you'd still like to go and if others are interested, the carpool plan is already established. Just shoot each other a message and head on out for a good time!

I still remember when last winter we had about five NUTS go out when it was crazy windy cold with SLEET and they hiked Ft. Harrison anyway. On the icey roads, I made my way to the afterhike at BW3's to congratulate the survivors - They sure earned some respect that day, that's for sure!

If you end up going out anyway, have a wonderful hike (and do share a wink or a high five with Mother Nature)! Otherwise, enjoy your Saturday whatever you do, and we'll see you next time on the trails!!

Christine tongue

TIHM-UG/Morgan-Monroe State Forest