The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › TIHM-UG: GREAT NEWS!!

TIHM-UG: GREAT NEWS!!

This message board is read-only.

Christine
user 3279138
Indianapolis, IN
Lots of great news for today!! tongue

1. The storm will be over soon - Hang in there!! We're due for some great weather for the weekend. Tomorrow's hike is at the incredible Turkey Run, forecasted for tomorrow to be partly cloudy and 35 degrees!

2. I've purchased TWO (2) annual park passes for the group out of our dues so that we can get two cars (which we can pack to the best of our ability!) in for FREE when we go to the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) parks included!! We already do carpools, but now they'll really pay off!! Save gas AND entrance fees!! - By the way, let us know in your RSVPs if you're planning to carpool with the group so that we know to keep our eyes open for you at the carpool site.

3. We now also have a AAA membership in case anyone ever has car trouble along the way, before or after our hikes. We'll get you towed for free in most cases and get your boodie home safely! I am the only one who ever had a car problem and I had AAA. Saved me, so I thought I'd offer the security to the group in case it was ever needed.

4. We've got some great hikes coming up this year and are looking for some people who would like to be (drum roll please...) assistant organizers for the group!! You let us know what you can do and how much time you can devote, and we'll make it happen! We need people who can wear one or many of these hats: lead trails (with a map, of course); research where to go; write up the event on the site; send communication updates; administrator (dues, documents, tracking participation, etc.); reception (welcome committee); and whatever else you think you might be able to do to contribute to the group's continued success!!. E-mail me directly with your interest. You'll really enjoy this group - and you don't have to have already been active to start as an assistant organizer. I'll walk you through everything - The coffee date is on me!!

5. We're going to start planning our very first Fully-Loaded Adjacent State Hiking Excursion (FLASHE) for the spring!! Kathleen said she has an awesome park in mind and is already starting the research! Go Kathleen!! Keep your eyes peeled for updates!!! *** Long distance excursion to come in the fall. Once we collect ideas from all of you and vote on the location, details will follow for planning. Send your ideas today! ***

Please have a great, safe day! The roads are icy, so you may be better off hiking home - More fun anyway!! lol :)

Can't wait to see you all soon -
Christine

The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group