The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › New Event: TIHM-UG/Mounds State Park + The RAM!

New Event: TIHM-UG/Mounds State Park + The RAM!

This message board is read-only.

Christine
user 3279138
Indianapolis, IN
Announcing a new meeting for The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group!

What: TIHM-UG/Mounds State Park + The RAM!
When: Saturday, May 10, 7:00 PM

Meeting Description:

Looks like we've gotten the all-clear for SUNSHINE on Saturday!! Woooo-hooo!!!

Let's take a little jaunt to Mounds State Park this weekend...

If you're interested in carpooling, we'll meet at 1:00pm in the Goodwill parking lot on the southwest corner of 96th Street and I-69 in Fishers. We'll all plan to meet at the trail entrance in front of the GREAT MOUND at ***3:00pm*** and head out from there. Again, we always wait about 15 minutes in case someone is running a little behind or LOST! :)

Mounds State Park, located off I-69 in Anderson, features 10 distinct "earthworks" built by a group of prehistoric Indians known as the Adena-Hopewell people. The largest earthwork, the "Great Mound", is believed to have been constructed around 160 B.C. It's a great place for an away-hike, and not too far away. It takes about 30 minutes or so to get there from 465/Fishers.

Afterhike: The Ram in Fishers, IN @ 6:00pm! State Rd. 37 just north of where it splits off from I-69. Gotta love The RAM - great food, great brewing!!

You'll love this park!!

Christine

Learn more here:
http://hiking.meetup....­