Weekend Hikers...Plus Message Board › Ski and Snowboard Expo 11/4-11/6

Ski and Snowboard Expo 11/4-11/6

A former member
Post #: 54
Hello snowbunnies!

Well, we all know I am not a big fan of skiing, meaning IF I HAD to pick. I would rather ride but I would rather snowshoe than snowboard......Until I discovered a sport called AT or Randonee skiing.

AT is apline touring skiing, which means you slap on skins to the bottom of your skis. You then skin your way up a mountain. I have heard from mountaineer friends, this is how mountains like Denali are conquered! Then you clip in the heel of your binding and it works like a downhill ski. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

It gives skiing a new meaning to me. It means I can hit up high altitude all year. Until I get better at sniffing out the avalanches, we'll try some "intermediate" non trail, trails.

That's a long way of explaining why I am headed to this expo, looking for my boots and bindings for my kimmy k-2 randonee skis.

If you want to check it out, read all about it here. I will be there Friday night.

http://www.bewisports...­