Hong Kong Badminton Meetup Group (HKBMG) Message Board › Guidelines in Badminton Meetup Group › Guidelines for members
|A former member||
Before the event:
1. You can reserve any events on this Badminton Meetup Group.
2. Read the description of the events thoroughly before you sign up. For example, the level requirement, date, time and location (Check if the event fits your schedule. Do not reserve it because you want to occupy a place first. Check how to get to the meeting place on the Internet)
3. You are allowed to bring only one guest to our event each time.
4. If you reserve an event, check for the updates from time to time to see if any changes, such as cancellation because of the wet floor.
5. Change the RSPV at least 48 hours if you cannot make it.
6. Courtesy call the organizers at least 1 hour before the events start if you cannot come at the last minute.
7. You must bring your own racket. Or possible your own shuttlecocks if you have special preferences of them. Wear proper sport wear and shoes. The organizers do not accept the excuse such as forgetting wearing proper sport wear as the absent reason.
During the event:
8. Be punctual to the meeting places because some events are hosted in the clubhouses and they may have strict restrictions on bringing guests.
9. If you need instructions on how to get to the meeting point or you are going to be late, do not hesitate to give the organizers a buzz.
10. Being late for 30 minutes is maximum unless it is due to not controllable circumstances. Longer than 30 minutes is recorded as no-show.
11. If you are no-show (this means you do not show up the event without informing the organizers at least one hour before), organizers will record this in the system. The organizers can check the attendance stats of the members and they may not welcome you to join their events in the future. Also, repetitive no-shows will be banned in this group.
12. Introduce yourself and befriend with each other.
13. Do enough warm up before you start the game.
14. If you feel discomfort during the game, stop it and take a rest. The organizers are not responsible for any accidents such as heart strokes.
15. Be considerate. Do not engage in the game for most of the time.
After the event:
16. After the event, share the cost of the court or any other expenses such as the shuttlecocks, as stated on the event page.
17. Say ‘thank you’ to the event organizers to show your appreciation. This is the best way to support our volunteering works.
18. Rate our events and leave your comments or suggestions to our teamleaders so that we can do better in organizing the future events.
19. If you want to set up a game, you are welcome to do so. It is easy! On the HOME page, click the + button to schedule a new meetup. Then, input the information of this event (check the sample as a reference).
20. If you like to organize games from time to time, welcome to apply as an assistant organizer or a co-organizer. (you may check the guidelines of being an an assistant organizer or a co-organizer as well).
Edited by User 4,456,051 on Jul 19, 2012 1:25 AM