I am pleased to present the first session in our Learning WordPress from Beginner to Advanced series. Over the next few months, members will be presenting in their areas of expertise. In addition, we will hold break sessions to support each other on WordPress.
The first session in the series will be...
WordPress 101: Getting Started with WordPress
Gina Nieves (me) will be presenting on how to get started with WordPress. I will be covering the most important things you need to know when you start using WordPress:
1. WordPress.com hosted vs. Self hosted WordPress.org
2. How to install WordPress.org on your hosting server.
3. Posts vs. Pages
4. Understanding Categories and Tags
5. What are plugins - in a future session we will cover top plugins
6. What are widgets and why there are awesome!
7. Working with Menus Basics
Here is the schedule:
Meet and greet - 10 minutes
Presentation - 45 minutes
Q & A - Ask the presenter and group questions - 10 minutes
Breakout sessions - A great time to support one another - 30 minutes
I look forward to seeing everyone at the next Meetup.