Anyway, we are VERY interested in volunteers!!
Here are the answers to your questions.
1. How many volunteers would you like on a given day? 6-10 perday; unless it is a special cleaning day and 20 volunteers would be much appreciated. Half would be cleaning and then half of the pepole that arent’ cleaning will either be working with dogs in the yard or takign dogs for walks.
2 What time should we arrive?
3. Will you give us a few rules and/or guidelines to follow? Yes. Our rules are fairly simple, however. When in doubt of anything, ask. Especially for new volunteers. Do not do anything without asking. The routine is very consistent here though.
4. How many dogs do you have and are they socialized with people and/or other dogs? 20: our dogs are all good with people. As far as other dogs, some of them have play groups while others do not. If you are curious about a dog in particular, it is best to inquire.
5. Can we also bring our own dogs? We prefer that you do not bring your own dogs. However, if it is an occasional situation, and you become a regular volunteer with us, exceptions can be made.
6. How long would you like us to stay? Roughly 2 hours per day or until all the work for the day is completed. Exception for occasional special projects.
7. What is your address? I am in Algiers. Right outside of Algiers Point. Only a short distance from the LASPCA.