addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Humanist Association of San Diego's Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Effective Communication & Critical Thinking Series: Starting wit

New Meetup: Effective Communication & Critical Thinking Series: Starting with NVC

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Humanism San Diego: Humanist Association of San Diego Meetup!

What: Effective Communication & Critical Thinking Series: Starting with NVC

When: Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Cafe Libertalia
3834 5th Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
619-299-9360

In line with the goals of our newly-formed non-profit, The Libertalia Foundation, we're hosting an ongoing series covering the areas of effective communication and critical thinking. We'll be exploring various approaches and techniques in these areas with each session including either a video, speaker or book study, along with group discussion. I'll be "facilitating" the sessions, meaning that I'll be primarily responsible for providing material and guiding the discussion, but would welcome assistance and suggestions from others relating to content.

For our first session, we'll be starting with video presentations on "Nonviolent Communication" as created and taught by Marshall Rosenberg. We'll also discuss organization, scheduling etc. so if you're interested but not available, please let me know by email.

Please be aware that this event will be attended by a wide variety of participants, from several Meetups as well as the general public. It is not specifically geared toward the subject-matter of this group, but is obviously relevant in all areas of life.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­