A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board, and just wanted to introduce myself: my name's Lia, I'm 25, and live in Los Angeles. I spent more than half my life in NYC and want to move back and pursue a career in IA.

I've never held a job in IA before, but I've read lots of texts on it and talked to the handful of IAers I know (some from NYC, some from LA) and it sounds like a great job that would really make use of my skills (I currently work as an archivist and a librarian, but have held a range of jobs since I graduated from college). I have experience working with web design in particular, but no "formal" IA training, which is why I'm interested in an internship.

My question to all of you-- if you can help me in any way at all-- is if you could recommend a few firms (I have a few connections at Schematic, but nothing has happened yet), or if any of you work at any firms that are interested in hiring interns (paid or unpaid-- I'm desperate!), please let me know. I'm coming to NYC in November, and perhaps I could also meet some of you in person at a meetup, perhaps?

Thanks for your time,

Lia Lowenthal