The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group Message Board › VP Architecture at Moody's Investors Service New York City
|A former member||
The VP, Architecture provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies. The role may lead multiple projects and is also responsible for aligning the IT technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes and customer requirements with the appropriate technologies. This position is part of MIT's standard Architecture and Software Engineering job families.
Functional Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Acting as principal designer for major systems architecture including applications, data, and infrastructure architectures.
- Providing integrated systems planning and recommending new or different technologies which will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
- Defining opportunities for integration, selecting tools in accordance with overall Moody's technology standards, specifying the shared data & code resources, and defining the interfaces and data-flows.
- Optimizing the information technology investments for business applications, products, data and infrastructure by researching and evaluating new and alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational
effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Communicating architectural vision by using models with multiple viewpoints for different stakeholders.
- Driving a quality mindset and establishing/enforcing compliance processes in order to maximize the benefit and quality of related business investments in IT, and to comply with all imposed regulations.
- Ensuring architecture reviews are performed and approving systems designs.
- Supporting the development of software business requirements, design specifications, programming & development, security, integration, testing and documentation, and adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Recommending the appropriate computer platform, work stations and communication linkage required to support distributed and client server business processes and information flows.
- Managing vendor relationships to maintain state of the art knowledge in emerging technologies and to develop Moody's image as a leading corporation utilizing the latest thinking in technology.
- Defining architecture standards.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
Collaborates with architects, database administrators, projects managers and staff to design effective and efficient application and technical architectures. Advises on current architecture techniques and standards. Evaluates and
recommends software to meet application requirements. Review and approves architecture designs. Works with staff at all levels of the organization.
Skills: Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in computer science, or engineering/technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of solid, diverse work experience in IT including experience with systems architecture methodologies
- Proven track record of 'thought leadership'.
- Project leadership and management experience is desirable.
- Applicable certifications in Moody's technology is a plus.
- Working knowledge of one or more of Moody's core technologies is desirable
- Experience in the finance industry with capital market experience is desirable.
The key competencies for this position include:
- Ability to design architectures to meet business and technical requirements while being practical and pragmatic.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving the successful completion of projects either in a technical, business analysis or management role over a sustained time period, typically two years.
- Individual demonstrates MIT Values especially in the area of Leadership.
- The ability to leverage skills across multiple areas of responsibility by architecting multiple, complex solutions
of high performing and flexible systems in line with Moody's overall technology direction over a sustained time period, typically at least two years.
- Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines and is willing to serve as a mentor to others.
- Expert knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems, distributed architecture, intranet/internet architecture, and communication architectures.
- A senior level knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
- Senior level understanding of client area's functions and systems and the ability to develop innovative and effective solutions for the most diverse and most complex business problems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to articulate complex models and frameworks to business and IT communities.
- Broad understanding and technical knowledge of IT solutions and technologies across all areas of IT.
- Broad understanding and industry knowledge of leading IT vendors' products and solutions.
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
- Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of systems architecture design using state of the art for rules based architecture, object oriented component analysis and development (OOA,OOD,UML) and proficiency in Java, C++, Microsoft eCommerce applications, COM/DCOM, J2EE,
- TBD Working knowledge with expertise in one of more of Moody's key technologies including PeopleSoft HR,
Peoplesoft Financials, Filenet, Datastage, Websphere, Spring, Adobe Flex, Hibernate, jRules, Cognos, .Net, Sharepoint, MOSS, etc.
- Working knowledge of data architecture models.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing models.
- Experienced working in a number of SDLC's including RUP and Agile.
Comments: Moody's Corporation is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its recruitment practices. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of potential and existing employees, candidates and clients regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by law.