Central Jersey Indie Film Message Board › CJIF Newsletter: Update to This Sunday's Meeting

CJIF Newsletter: Update to This Sunday's Meeting

JT
user 31186192
Group Organizer
Metuchen, NJ
Guess what? This Sunday the Band is getting back together! Our first meeting since April will be this weekend on July 23rd from 12PM to 2PM in the Holiday Inn Express of East Brunswick (4 Tower Center Blvd. East Brunswick, NJ 08816).

On the Agenda…

Open Call to Cast and Crew…
This is something new we’re trying. If you have a project you’re looking to get off the ground and need people to help make your dream a reality, this is the place and time to do it. I will be giving organization members (old and new) the floor for around a minute to freely mention a project they’ve been working on and what they need help with. People looking to take advantage should have the following prepared…

-Little background about yourself (people want to know who they’re working with)
-Synopsis of project
-Status of project (what is already done including script, locations, etc)
-What you need (List of cast, needed crew, locations, props, etc)
-How to contact you (if not at the meeting)

This is also a good chance for people looking to get involved with other people’s projects (rather than create their own) as there could be a line of them made available to you at this meeting.

Quick Disclaimer: If you’re going to mention a project, it must be something you have ownership of or permission to make.

Group Productions…
We were openly discussing group productions at our last meeting, and I would like to continue the conversation at the upcoming one. I want to take a look back at our previous productions and discuss what went well, what could be improved, and what should be done for our next one.

I would also like to discuss a date to start our next group production.

Faceless…
On Facebook, and possibly a previous email, I mentioned the possibility of showing Faceless at this meeting. Looking back now, that may have been a bit ambitious on my part as the film is still not near competition. Also I would like the group to be presented with a final version of Faceless rather than one half done. Otherwise it’s like presenting a Lamborghini at a car show with half an engine and no paint job… you know it’s a nice car but sure doesn’t look like one.

I will say though that with AnimeNEXT now completed (something that’s been taking a good part of my life since March/April), I’m now actively working on Faceless’s completion. I don’t want to give a date yet, but I feel safe to say I could have it ready by mid to late July. I know you guys have been more than patient with me so far, but I need to ask you guys just to give me a little bit longer to create a final cut. It will be worth it.

Mingle…
I think that should be enough to tackle our first day back together. So for the end of the meeting (if there’s time), I’ll leave the room open as usual to walk around and mingle with other members. I plan on bringing food like last time, and if anyone want to bring something they’re more than free to do so (no alcohol though).

That’s it for now guys and gals. Thanks again to everyone, and will see you all again soon.  :)

-JT

PS: Some of us are going to the Rahway Film Festival tomorrow. According to the website it’s $15 to get in (not sure if the price will change at the door though). Anyone wanting to stop by and say hi to some CJIF members early, you can find out more about the festival here… http://www.rahwayfilm...­