Indy Film Buffs Meetup Group Message Board › What happened to my threads? (and I'm not talking about my clothes)

What happened to my threads? (and I'm not talking about my clothes)

Jason W.
user 9906999
Greenwood, IN
Post #: 55
Uhm....where are my threads? Specifically the threads I started for Splice, Get Him to the Greek and MacGruber. I know the meetups I planned for those have passed, but I spent some time and took some care into writing my thoughts and reviews into those threads and it's disappointing to see them deleted. I know that most members don't participate much in discussions here on the message boards (which is disappointing to me because I would like to read the thoughts and opinions of other members about movies since I never can attend the discussions at Cornerstone anymore due to working weeknights), but I do believe some of them do take the time to read what is written and appreciate the information shared whether they agree with it or not. Now I can get over the fact that these are gone because I don't believe I wrote anything that merited being saved for posterity, but I would like to know why they are gone. Particularly since it seems to me like only the ones that I had started and contributed to primarily are the ones that are missing.
Helen
user 8292593
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 195
No idea, sorry. I don't do anything with old threads aside from occasional pinning/un-pinning.

Not many people visit the Discussion board, which is one of the reasons we started up an IFB Facebook page. Are you on Facebook? We could really use a few add'l active posters to help get things going.
Joe
JoePez
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 202
No idea either. I know that the Meetup discussion boards aren't built on the best technology and are not exactly reliable. They may show up again next week.

Facebook is a good alternative.