Michelle
pixelvixn
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Hi everyone,
I want to address an issue regarding our events. There have a been a number of events posted where no one is acting as host and/or people who RSVP not making an effort to actually meet up with other members. This causes a lot of confusion come concert time, especially for members who have just joined and are completely new to Meetup. To mitigate this, I'm going to lay down a few ground rules.
1. If you submit a event/concert, you must take on the role as host. All this means is you act as the point of contact for the group and get the ball rolling on discussing meeting time/place and other details.
2. If there is a concert posted and there isn't any sign of someone acting as host (or people discussing meeting details) within 48 hours of the event, I will cancel the event.
3. DO NOT RSVP 'Yes' to an event if you don't intend on meeting up with other members at the event. After all... this site is called Meetup.
4. If for some reason you cannot make it out to an event you RSVP'd 'Yes' for, you must change your RSVP to 'No'. This is a courtesy to your host, so that he/she knows they don't have to be on the look out for you.

I think these are pretty simple and reasonable rules to follow. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Michelle