Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › monthly indy 3.5 D&D group seeks a couple more players

monthly indy 3.5 D&D group seeks a couple more players

Doug H.
user 14812361
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Last weekend, our new level one heroes embarked upon a new campaign. They awoke within a city under siege, feeling exhausted and unable to focus clearly, they were led quickly to a pattern room where they managed to escape just before being captured or killed by the invading army, apparently led by rakshasa and employing blue slaads as heavy-weights of the invading forces. Creatures with similar appearance to Githyanki appeared to make up the bulk of the invading army.

Finding themselves upon a completely new world with little or no memories about their past or each other, they took shelter in a cave nearby during a powerful thunderstorm. Discovering a small dungeon filled with undead attached to the caves, they braved the darkness, equipped only with their armor and weapons, completely void of other adventuring gear. After hours of battling their way through room after room of skeletons, zombies and ghouls, and an epic battle with a gelatinous cube that nearly digested the rogue, they found their way out of the dungeon and were awarded for their efforts by gaining level two.

The group seeks a couple more players to round out the party. Our cleric had other real life commitments that have forced him to quit before even starting. Beyond that, we're looking for a few new friends to make to play games with.

The plan is for the group to meet once or twice a month on Saturdays to participate in what we hope will be an epic campaign. Gaming will take place on the south side of indy just off of Emerson a few blocks south of 465. Let me know if you are interested.

Doug Hatfield (DM)

Doug H.
user 14812361
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
Having added 2 new players, and possibly a 3rd, I am happy to report that we are currently full and our next gaming session will be June 11th.
A former member
Post #: 23
Hey, I'm getting back into D&D, and although I am a bit rusty, confuse 3.5 rules with 3.0 rules, I still am interested.

I need to know a few things, first when you say epic, does that mean 21+ level or ECL characters or just that you use the word 'epic' as a non-D&D moniker as you did in your post?

If it is the former, as in 21+ level characters, what is the starting ECL? I have two characters that I would like to use, one is epic level, and the other one is non-epic level, although would be at a greater advantage than those who just rolled an epic-level character because I have played the the non-epic level character for a few years.

Also, I would like to know how the gameplay is: Is it combat-heavy? Role-Playing heavy? What skills or class abilities would be generally be more useful than other class abilities or skills?

Sorry for all the questions, I just need to have info about these things.
Doug H.
user 14812361
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 7
UPDATE !

This campaign is still running. We've lost a couple of players though and we're looking to add 1-3 more.

i DM a dnd group
3.5 rules edition
we've been playing about 8 months now
approximately one a month on saturday afternoons/evenings
looking for 1-3 new members as we have lost a couple of players
have a core group of dm+5 characters

doug
wohlanderb at yahoo.com