addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Tabletop Games (Party/ Card/ Board) › The meetup tomorrow and future meetups

The meetup tomorrow and future meetups

Shane
user 8354773
Indianapolis, IN
Hello again...

First of all, I wanted to say "thanks" to all the gamers who answered the "after 5pm" poll. It helps to know what time to schedule events...and if it's worthwhile to find another venue that is open after 5pm. Due to overwhelming response, I'm going to put an "evening meetup" together sometime later in the year (after Gen Con). On a side note, there weren't enough "yes's" to game after 5pm for July's Board Game event.

As far as the mix of games, I think we're good (a few non-CCG card games plus board games). I'll hunt down some non-academic venues (i.e. not at the library each time) to host more events...

I'll check out "Gamerz" and the other usual venues (I've heard good and bad about each). I want one that's friendly to all gamers, and cheap ($5 or under is reasonable). I like the idea of us having "our own space" as we do at the library.

Hope to see you all at Gen Con - I'll be there each day!

Shane
Troy
user 4601021
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 27
Too bad more people didn't say yes. 4 hours is really only enough time for one game.
A former member
Post #: 1
Too bad more people didn't say yes. 4 hours is really only enough time for one game.
If I was able to go I would have said yes to after 5. I will be at Gencon hope to see you all there.