Inner Loop Message Board › Group Etiquette :-)

Group Etiquette :-)

A former member
My Fellow Inner Loops!

I sent this email out around Christmas time and I'd like to circulate it around again.
I've recently received quite a few emails regarding the standards and etiquette of the group. I'd like to address this as a whole, again.

RSVP Etiquette: Please, please, please show up if you RSVP Yes. Not only do I contact venues for space based on Yes RSVP's but more importantly, your fellow Inner Loop group members depend on you to be there. After all, we're here to socialize! I absolutely understand things come up; please take the time to change your RSVP to No, call, email, or text me. Even if it's at the last moment, I promise I'll understand. :-)Out of respect for the group, if you no show three times, your profile will be removed.

I don't mind if you don't RSVP No. I think it's safe to assume if you don't RSVP Yes, you're not interested in attending that particular event and that's ok! We'll catch you at the next one. This part is new >>> Lastly, there is NO MAYBE OPTION. You may not RSVP yes and comment 'maybe.' Meetup took that option away for a reason. I've allowed it in the past and it bit me in the ass. That person along with other 'maybers' don't show, they don't change their RSVP, and boom, I've told a manager of a venue X number of people will be there and X-8 are there. Please understand this. 

Specific, but not many, events only allow me to RSVP for so many. Members RSVP's remain priority over brought guests at these specific events. Again, this doesn't happen often for the mentality is the more, the merrier!

Also new >>> If you can't bring a positive, social attitude to a Meetup, please stay at home or consider resigning from the group. Recently there's been some 'cattiness' and ill behavior that is not tolerated here. We're ALL adults and if you know me, I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet however I don't do drama. Leave the drama for your mama! Please respect myself and your fellow group members.

Group Attendance: I would really appreciate an attendance of at least once every 6 weeks. I realize not all Meetups are everyone's style but that's why we welcome ideas with open arms! Yes, there are extenuating circumstances, i.e. you're working like crazy, traveling, family obligations, etc, so this standard is somewhat laxed. Just keep in touch and let me know.

We have fabulous, intelligent, well traveled, diverse members; you never know who you're going to meet! The Inner Loop is so culturally rich. We have Meetups that cater to all walks of life! Thank you all for being receptive. If you have any questions, suggestions, complaints, or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Cheers!

Nikki I