HI-SEAS, The Hawaii Space Exploration Analog & Simulation project has put together a set of ingredients for use in space and they want to know just what can be made with them.
They're having a recipe contest and they're accepting submissions now. If we have enough interest, I'd like to have a potluck to feature all the submissions from the group. Rules, ingredients and submission guidelines can be found below.
Welcome to the HI-SEAS Recipe Contest 2013
Winning recipes in each category will be featured on the HI-SEAS website and will receive an official HI-SEAS t-shirt. Categories
- Main Dish including Soup
- Side Dishes
- Desserts & Snacks
Recipe Contest Rules:
- All recipe ingredients must come from the Ingredient List.
- Create your dish and document what you used, how much you used, and how you used each ingredient in the recipe.
- Name your culinary creation and take a picture of it.
- Upload your picture, recipe title, and a description of how to prepare it during the submission time period January 11 to March 8, 2013.
- Checkout other people’s recipe suggestions and Vote on them during the voting period March 9 to March 27, 2013.
- Finalist will be selected by April 1, 2013.
- Finalist recipes will be prepared by the HI-SEAS crew during their 4-month mission April to August 2013.
- Winners will be announced in August 2013.
Recipe Submissions Start January 11, 2013 @ 12:00 am (Hawaii Standard Time)
Recipe Submissions End March 08, 2013 @ 11:59 pm (Hawaii Standard Time)
Need more Details? Read the Official Rules