addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Cape Town iOS Developers Message Board › A New Year, A New Beginning

A New Year, A New Beginning

A former member
Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since we were last in touch and in that time much has changed!

I'd like to apologise for the complete lack of communitcation from the group. Around July/August Luke and I both changed jobs and neither of us were working on anything iOS related. We therefore struggled to come up with a talk worth giving and we didn't get any speakers coming forward.

Things have changed however! I'm back to doing iOS work these days. I'm building an interesting app and I've got some things to show you! To that end I'll be organising an event for the last week of January and I hope to see you all there! I don't have a venue yet but I'll be working on that when I get back to Cape Town next year.

On a slightly different note I'm sure most of you have noticed that our Meetup.com group is dying. This year Luke bravely footed the bill out of his own bank account and with the group going quiet we decided that it was no longer necessary. This leaves us to choose one of two options: either another generous benefactor steps forward to pay the Meetup.com costs OR we move across to Facebook groups. Several other meetups in Cape Town use Facebook with great success so I don't foresee a problem unless some of our members prefer not to use Facebook.

I'll be going ahead assuming that we'll be moving to Facebook. I've created a group here: https://www.facebook....­. Unfortunately new members have to request to be added, but an existing member can add a member to the group quite easily so I encourage you all to join, and once you're in add any people you think might be interested.

I will start communicating through the group but I will let you all know if anyone likes Meetup.com enough to pay for it. I will send out one final message before the group goes dark and I'll update you all as soon as I have details about our first meetup for 2013 (Ha! The world didn't end!).

Finally it is with sadness that we bid farewell to Luke as an organiser. He was instrumental in getting the group off the ground and it wouldn't have happened without him. I'm sure he'll attend the odd meetup and he'll definitely be coding up a storm, although for the moment, not on iOS.

I wish you all a merry festive season and a great new year. I hope to see all our regulars return next year and that we'll grow the Cape Town iOS meetup group even more next year.

See you soon!

Robert Fall