With the Smart City Expo in the city we would like to show some of the most interesting Internet of Things projects related with cities and the future of urban computing.
Join us to enjoy beers and networking as we listen to the speakers who are making the Internet of Things and Smart Cities a reality. The confirmed speakers are:
• Anthony Townsend from IFTF talking about "Smart Cities: Crucibles for Innovating the Internet of Things". Dr. Anthony Townsend, a technology forecaster and urban planner at the Institute for the Future, a Silicon Valley-based think tank, will discuss how the intersection of urban challenges, legacy infrastructure, new technologies and innovative communities are turning cities into key sites of invention for the Internet of Things. He is the author of the new book SMART CITIES: Big Data, Civic Hackers, and the Quest for a New Utopia (W.W. Norton & Co., 2013). [http://www.smartcitiesbook.com/].
• Bruno Cendón from TST Sistemas [http://www.tst-sistemas.es/] will speak about "Internet of Things in a nutshell". Easy Internet of Things deployment with TST technology, focusing on horizontal vs vertical solutions and cloud wars.
• Javier Pastor from Carriots [https://www.carriots.com/] will talk about their "Internet of Things platform - Carriots" with a special presentation and practical demonstration of what Carriots is able to do in our cities.
• Gonzalo Zaragoza, a Creative Technologist, will show the project Whale a generative music and art project about the sea [http://www.generativo.es/whale/en/] At this project music and graphics are generated with an Internet connected buoy located in the Mediterranean sea, making unique musical and graphic representations.
• Anne McClard, UX researcher and Design lead at Intel will explain Intel's Arduino Galileo platform [http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/galileo-maker-quark-board.html] for makers, and introduce Intel's exploration around the globe of the IoT together with developers, makers and entrepreneurs.
See you the 19th of November at Pangea Coworking space with Moritz sponsored beers :)
Interested in speaking? Contact us via @iotbcn on Twitter