Resolvit IT Professionals Networking Group Message Board › Greetings, call for speakers, and organization ideas

Greetings, call for speakers, and organization ideas

AgileBill K.
bilkre
Cary, NC
Post #: 156
Hello!! I'm "Agile"Bill Krebs, and would love to help with this community.

Do you have a topic that shows your expertise or helps others? We'd love to hear it! Please respond with this post with your name and topic, and we'll get you on the schedule!

Let me know if you'd like to be an assistant organizer, or have other ideas on activities for the group.

Thanks, I look forward to meeting you soon!!
"Agile"Bill
(from my hotel room in Chicago for the Agile2009 conference - I'll let you know how it goes)
twitter.com/agilebill4d
John D.
user 10134010
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
Hi Bill,

I'm new to the ResolveIT meetup community. While I do have several potential topics, I'd like to attend a meeting first to get a feel for the typical audience and areas of interest.

How often does the community have meetings?

Best Regards,

John Duff
Services Operations Director
AgileBill K.
bilkre
Cary, NC
Post #: 158
I'm passing the Organizer baton back to Catherine - hehe, I was honored to carry the ball briefly while she attended to some other stuff. She's back, and is busy working on setting up some new events for us. Thanks Catherine!! However, I do look forward to meeting you all at some future events!

Hi John, nice to "meet" you! This is a great area for IT work - lots of high powered brains and schools. I know Catherine is doing calendar work to see when our next event will be.

LOL, I'm tired after 5 days at Agile2009, and 2 days at NFJS (No fluff just stuff). The Agile Conference was great - lots of interesting leadership, project management, and geeky tracks. It was interesting to see a presentation by State Farm on how they are using virtual worlds. One of the services I provide to teams is getting setup and networking in that environment. I also enjoyed Jeff Sutherland's talks on Scrum. Myspace.com uses Scrum. The coach helps teams until they get a 240% improvement in productivity, then lets them continue on their own (knowing the trend is they continue to 4x improvement). Wow. The secret is to focus on high quality for each iteration.

NFJS was interesting - I learned a bit about Groovy, visual code metrics, and Objective-C for coding iPhone apps. Nice techie stuff.

Thanks again! @AgileBill4d