jQuery LA Meetup Message Board › Upcoming Meetup and a chance at a free book

Upcoming Meetup and a chance at a free book

Natalie M.
NatalieMac
Los Angeles, CA
Hello Awesome jQuery Developers!

I know that it's been quite some time since you've heard from me, and I apologize for that. I had to disappear into a dark cave to finish my book by the deadline and have just emerged.

I will be scheduling a June meetup. If you've got any suggestions for speakers (yourself, maybe?), topics, activities, or a venue, please feel free to shoot that my way.

Next up, I wanted to let you know that my publisher is generously offering a free copy of my book, jQuery for Designers, to anyone who is willing to write an online review. Keep in mind this book is targeted at absolute beginners who've never written JavaScript before, so if you're a ninja, you probably won't get much from it, but are still welcome to read and review. Online reviews can be written on your blog, on a review site, or on a sales site like Amazon.com. If you are interested getting a free copy of the book in exchange for your review, please email me (natalie@purplepen.com) and let me know. I'll be sending a list of names/email addresses to the publisher and the publisher will be handling the details.

Thanks for your participation and support. And your patience. I'll be seeing you soon!

--Natalie
Your awesome jQuery LA organizer