Mitsuwa Market Area Japanese Language and Culture MeetUp Message Board › Nabe (11/13/10) details: To contributors

Nabe (11/13/10) details: To contributors

A former member
Post #: 171
Roles:
Procurement of ingredients: Jun and Kenji
Chief Nabe director: Jun
Nabe chefs: Kelly, Jamie
Nabe “bugyou” (magistrate) A, B, and C: Phil, Jason, and Kelly
Nabe magistrate V: Hiro (specialized for Veggie Nabe)
Table organizers: Cheng and Jun
Money handler/bouncer: Kenji
Entertainment: Jun

*Role description
- Procurement of ingredients in the list: Compiling a list of ingredients for regular and veggie Nabes. Buying items from stores.
- Nabe chefs: Cutting Nabe ingredients as directed by Jun.
- Nabe “bugyou” (magistrate): Taking a role as a master of the assigned Nabe. Ensuring the Nabe always filled. Bring ingredients from kitchen to the Nabe.
- Table organizer: Arranging the tables in the room so that people can maximally mingle with each other. Bringing back tables to the storage and restore the room condition as it was been before we use the room.

Others:
Photos: whoever has a camera. I will bring mine too.
Ladles: Jamie, Kelly, Kenji
Table clothes: Phil
Cake, a candle, a lighter: Mei-Sing
Disposable dishes, fork, cups: Janet, Kelly, Kenji (20 pairs of dishes and forks would be sufficient)
Bakup bowls: Kelly

All the volunteers, except Jason and Phil, please come to the place at 4 p.m. for preparation. Jason and Phil, you do not have to come to the place that early. You are going to be rather busy after party started at 5 pm. If you guys want to come to the place at 4 to help, you are more than welcome. Howver, we start eating after 5 pm. Sorry about that ;-)

Kenji Yamazaki, C.P.O. (Chief Party Organizer)
A former member
Post #: 183
Dear Nabe project team members!

Thank you very much for your support for this event. I appreciate that you agreed to take the roles as I assigned. I hope I was successful in sharing with you “fun” parts in running an event. Because of my back problem, I was not able to move as the way I wanted. Your support was tremendous. You all are awesome, three cheers for us! The teamwork we showed the other day was much better functional than that of a Rugby team I used to join. For future events requiring volunteers, I am tempted to do this: assigning roles by drawing a picture with circles and arrows on a board.

Anyway, if you have anything you have to say, suggestions, and complaints or anything, please let me know on this discussion board, or personally via email, at Thursday meetup, or Skype.

Sincerely,

Kenji