add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
A former member
Post #: 84
Not sure if there is a better area to do this, so, if there is, and this can be moved, cool.

Figured, since I have not yet made the move down, wanted to reach out and tell people a little about myself. Couple of things: I am a non-driver. This is due to visual challenges presented due to lack of peripheral/side vision, and while I use a cane to help me get around, I can still see ahead of me just fine. That is how tunnel vision works. I plan to learn the transit map and schedule for when I get down there, but may need to ask for assistance when getting to various places and events.
As for my interest in Japanese culture, it stems from my love of anime, toku, and various doramas I have watched over the years. I have a VERY bare bones knowledge of the language, but would love to learn it, to become fluid, as I prefer most of what I enjoy, manga, anime, movies, doramas, in their original language. I have learned quite a bit about the culture, but am always open to learning more, having things corrected if I happen to get something wrong, and interacting with others in this learning experience! If you would like to get to know more about me, feel free to friend me on facebook.
My name is Scott
Please take good care of me.