Tampa Japanese Meetup Message Board Japanese Films › Does anyone else like to watch vintage Japanese movies

Does anyone else like to watch vintage Japanese movies

Donald
user 138541002
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
Does anyone like to watch vintage Japanese movies? I like the old Yakuza movies and anything by Akira Kurosawa.
I would love to chat or to meet up sometime.
Esther (.
Just_Esther
Group Organizer
Tampa, FL
Post #: 165
We used to do movies at the library every one and a while. Ron S. likes Kurosawa and other samurai movies. Jason F. likes Japanese horror. I'll look for a free weekend day on my calendar. (^_^)
Rod T.
user 136495052
Brooksville, FL
Post #: 1
I enjoy watching Japanese movies immensely -- vintage and more recent ones.

I have about 19 Japanese movies, including seven by Ozu, "Ikiru" by Kurosawa, "Double Suicide", and, more recent ones such as "Kamikaze Girls", "Linda Linda Linda", and "Shall We Dance" (the original Japanese version, obviously).

For my degree in Japanese studies, I took a course in Japanese cinema from Dr. Keiko MacDonald, now sadly deceased. ( http://www.utimes.pit...­ ) She was a remarkable teacher. I learned more about Japanese culture in this class than in any others. Her several books on Japanese cinema are essential reading.