addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Hey there everyone!! Hope you all have been getting into some great games lately :-)

I have recently joined with a friend of mine named Matthew Barrett, in his business of Brain Trainers, inc. Our mission is assist people of most any age with cognitive issues they may have...from seniors wanting to stave off effects of aging or inactivity on the brain, to grade school age students of all ages wanting simply to have an easier time learning what the schools are trying to teach (but tend to NOT show HOW they are supposed to learn it all).

All that said, I recently started considering how and why it is that no two people play the same game in the SAME way...and then realized that games in general, however simplistic they may seem, and no matter the type of game (card, board, RPG, etc.) it might be, they ALL have a STRONG mental aspect to them...and in multiple ways!

Matthew and I are looking to put on a 1 hour brain-training workshop for the group prior to a meetup in the near future, and would love some feedback on the following question(s):

--What would be a topic you would enjoy or like to learn more about regarding the mentality behind games?
--What games do you enjoy playing and why do you enjoy playing them?
--What is it about certain games (not the people playing them)that will cause you anxiety, stress, anger, or to become upset?
--Give me what are willing to, as far as observations you specifically have made/noticed about what seems to cause OTHER players stress or anxiety within a game + any further info you'd like to share.

***PLEASE NOTE***: Any info you choose to share WILL be kept anonymous unless you give me and Matthew permission to speak otherwise...so PLEASE be honest!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Karan's tonight, and at Erika's next week!

Till then,

Mike (Life isn't fair, and neither is this game) Strauss :-)