addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

North Jersey Anime and Manga Message Board Anime! › Crunchyroll subscribers - what Summer 2012 series are you watching?

Crunchyroll subscribers - what Summer 2012 series are you watching?

A former member
Post #: 9

Now that the Spring 2012 anime season ended on Crunchyroll, what series are are watching or planning on watching in this new Summer '12 season?

So far, I am watching:

Polar Bear Cafe
Jinrui wa suitai Shimashita (Humanity Has Declined)

I am not sure what else this season, nothing else really has caught my eye yet. I did catch an episode of Tari Tari. Not sure what I think of it yet, but I do like the animation. The main character reminds me of the sister from Oreimo.

Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 31
I tried almost every anime that was up for grabs... I'll post each hosted by crunchyroll and not hosted that I have watched so far. There are still a few animes I have not seen yet. I am downloading pretty much everything that comes out. I probably missed a few, I'll see how this season turns out, I believe there is something like another 4 or 5 animes to be released this weekend maybe.

(On Crunchyroll)

Kokoro Connect - I liked the first episode, but my feel of this anime is that every episode is going to be about a "freaky Friday flip"... first episode few of the characters switched bodies, no explanation behind it. Next episode will be the same thing but with other characters. (not sure how they can make a whole series about this, who knows)

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Cute and stupid funny anime, most of which is WTF moments. Humanity on the verge of extinction and small fairies control all the technology and production. Something about headless skinned chickens running around trying to take over the world... screws with the mind. Funny how they make this anime so bright and cheerful with such a bleak plot. :p

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Very good anime from what I saw so far, it's a mecha based anime, humans are fighting off alien invaders and getting their asses kicked. Don't want to ruin too much, but it's one of those "anyone could die" animes. The second episode was a complete blood bath...

Oda Nobuna No Yabou - High school boy ends up 450 years in the past in the middle of a battle and find himself saving Oda Nobuna (Oda Nobunaga but as a girl). This is pretty much another harem anime, it's funny in it's own way. I like this series, will continue watching it. (The plot may seem a tad like battle girls time paradox but this anime is sooo much better than that crap). Btw in the last year I can think of 3 animes that turned Oda Nobunaga into a girl...

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle - It's a decent anime, not sure how to describe it though. Main character has to solve life or death puzzles (I'm still catching up from the first season)

Tari Tari - Saw first two episodes, kinda cute. I agree with Michael with the main character, looks and acts like Kirino.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - Not too many impressions on this yet, couldn't get the feel of this anime off just one episode. I might continue watching

Campione! - Magic fighting anime, it's ok I guess. I'm probably going to drop this one, I'll see after the next episode.

Fairy Tail - after 130 something episodes and in dead center of a completely stupid arc filler season, the main story of the series is decent... but the current arc the is in anime sucks... (for some reason I'm still watching it)

(Not listed on Crunchyroll)

Accel World - Pretty good anime, it's continuing from the spring season.

Binbougami ga! - Found it very funny, only 1 episode out and will continue watching. Has the same creators as Gintama.

Moyashimon Returns - Liked the first season, it's basically a geeky type comedy.

AKB0048 - The anime is about the an idol group called AKB0048, set in the distant future where entertainment is banned on many planets. They throw concerts on planets under the "idol ban", so there is mecha battles between the idols and the host planets. The anime is voiced by the AKB48 group, same creators as the macross frontier anime.

Hyouka - Continuing from Spring season, it's fairly decent but a little boring. Kinda like the detective high school club? Comes from the Kyoto Animation group (same people that made Nichijou, K-on, Lucky Star, etc..)

Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai - Found it funny, somewhat ecchi in nature (uncensored too from the torrent releases).

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Not sure what to think of it, only saw the first episode, found it kinda stupid. (high school club based on candy obsession....)

Kono Naka Ni Hitori Imouto Ga Iru - title translated to english... (One of the Girls Here is My Little Sister!), saw the first episode. Wasn't horrible, but I get the impression this anime is going down one of those stupid harem roads.

Dan S.
user 14138303
Somerset, NJ
Post #: 32
I can't believe I typed that much...
A former member
Post #: 12
Anohana was just added last night on Crunchyroll!!!! Really good series so far, and it's extremely sad at part. Highly recommended!!!

Anohana:

A group of six childhood friends drift apart after one of them, Meiko "Menma" Honma, dies in an accident. Ten years after the incident, the leader of the group, Jinta Yadomi, has withdrawn from society and lives as a recluse. One summer day, the ghost of an older looking Menma appears before him and asks to have a wish granted, reasoning that she cannot pass on into the afterlife until it is fulfilled. Since Menma does not remember what her wish is, Jinta gathers his estranged friends together once again, believing that they are the key to resolving this problem. However, hidden feelings, internal conflicts, and lingering feelings of bitterness from Menma's parents result in complications for the group as they struggle to help not only Menma move on, but themselves as well.
Elline M.
Necrodeity
Iselin, NJ
Post #: 2
Seems like I am a year late to this discussion.. I just subscribed to Crunchyroll and so far I've watched/been watching: Sword Art Online, Kuroko no Basuke, Say I Love You, Nagi no Asukara..

Do you guys have any other recommendations? As much as I wanna try to start watching massive series like Naruto or Fairy Tail.. I just don't have the time/patience to stick with it so I'd rather watch or start watching shorter series or newer one.