addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

JobGroup Message Board › IT Opportunity at Milestone Systems for a System Administrator

IT Opportunity at Milestone Systems for a System Administrator

Josh
jhendricks123
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 1
Hello All,

We have an opening for a System Administrator at Milestone Systems in Beaverton. Unfortunately this has not been posted on our website for some reason, so I'll do my best to explain the position. I was the original sys admin, then we hired a replacement because I wanted to go in a different direction. My replacement has recently left so I'm standing in until we find a replacement.

The candidate for this position should be a strong troubleshooter, self-starter, and should be able to operate with little oversight, and should be a people person. She will work under the Support/IT services manager and will be a team of one (though I'm always around if you need to bounce something off of me). There is potential to offload helpdesk duties in 2013, but until then he will be responsible for all helpdesk tasks for ~34 office employees and ~24 field employees.

In this role you will be responsible for maintenance, and updates of the network, phone system, VMware high availability environment with ~20 production servers including Exchange, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, antivirus, SQL, file server, print server, phone system, and backup system. You will have direct input into IT projects, and will have the opportunity to identify areas that need improvement and make recommendations to improve them.

You will also be responsible for maintenance of laptops and desktops, and for managing mobile devices between AT&T and Verizon. This includes ordering upgrades/replacements, communicating costs to the parties involved and everything else that goes along with mobile device support.

The ideal candidate will have experience with most of the following technologies:

• Networks (routers, layer 3 switches, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, subnetting
  • Active Directory & Exchange (you will not be a domain admin so responsibilities are limited to user management)
  • SQL (we have a SQL admin but it would be helpful if you were familiar with SQL and performing backups)
  • Backup systems (we use Vembu Storegrid)
  • VoIP phone systems (we use Altigen which is integrated with SQL for advanced call routing)
  • Server administration (We are almost entirely Server 2008 / R2)
  • VMware vSphere, ESXi, and high availability configurations

We are currently considering bringing a weaker candidate in as a temp-to-hire option but are hoping to find a stronger one. If you are interested, please message me and I'll let you know where to send your resume and cover letter. Also, following in Valerie's example, you should know that if you're hired I will receive a bonus and I will commit 10% of that bonus to JobGroup.org.