addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help. First, let me say I am not a coder at all. So most of this language is very foreign to me.

I have started a new group buying page but wanted to change the template. I go through Cloud Access and have one of their templates that im using. The issue im having, is the main body is offset on my page. I dont know how to fix it to make it look professional and not odd.

The page is www.adoodledeal.com. Can someone please help me on advising me how to fix this?

Thank you kindly,
Melissa
Jon S.
computerservice
Arlington, TX
Post #: 418
It looks o.k. to me... ( IE & FireFox )
Does the problem only happen in IE.
Have you check it in all browsers?
Wilma
geekette
Group Organizer
Mansfield, TX
Post #: 75
Tried it in Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari and couldn't recreate the issue. Could it be screen resolution related?
A former member
Post #: 2
If you are talking about the transparent offset that IE9 creates (check image below), well, that can be solved by creating a new IE9 CSS Style and eliminating the 2px Border around those HTML elements.

IMAGE:

I already tried this solution and it works. Now this is only one approach. It is not the best or the worst. It is just a solution.

You also have problems inside IE8 and IE7 but I honestly won't even care about those anymore :).

The problems inside those browsers start because the Border Radius which is a CSS3 property that is not compatible with them.

Yes there are workarounds but if you are not familiar with CSS and HTML and in some case with JavaScript, it will be a huge pain to resolve.

By the way, many professionals and some Joomla Template companies already stopped developing Joomla sites for IE6 and IE7 and probably IE8 soon.

So if this picture is your problem:

IMAGE:

Let me know so I can post the solution.