Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › 2012 Season for AO or EOs

2012 Season for AO or EOs

Barbara
First off, thanks so much for your interest in being an AO or EO with the group. The only way a season is successful is to have meetups on a regular basis so that we all can enjoy what we love. Together we will have a wonderful season.

Most of what was discussed today is information that comes with experience of running meetups. But there is general info that you will find useful on the various parts of our Madison Kayak Meetup web page. I encourage you to do the following:

• Review the past meetups:
    --look where we have paddled before - review venues (or put in areas)
    --copy and paste past meetup information for your own meetup
    --write details and as much information as you can
    --post level of ability - easy- intermediate - advanced (especially for rivers)
    --post if you have scouted the river or not so people know what to expect
    --give a meet time, put in time and take out time
    --make sure to include waiver language
    --have a co-organizer (most often two or three AOs/EOs go along
    --Post weather details (going rain or shine) or post your phone number
    --FOOD, folks want to know if you will eat in your boat or stop for breaks out of boat, or bring your own, or plan on dining after.

• Review the top posts on the  Message Board. The pinned posts at the top have all kinds of information that can help you  and include links to other paddling or water way sites.
  • Be respectful of others abilities and make sure you have everyone accounted for.
  • We talked about some moving water tutorial trips... I can talk to Rutabaga.
  • We talked about having a meetup to practice T-saves and getting back into a boat.
  • I will talk to Rutabaga about rentals and local meetups.
  • We have already come up with a few meetups ideas... they will be posted on the calendar shortly.

Once again, let me know if you are interested. Then I will give you the role as an AO or EO and you will be able to use the website to post meetups.

thank you and happy paddling!

Barbara