Madison Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Riding the Waves

Riding the Waves

user 104937702
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
First, for what it's worth, I was a member of this group a few years back, and went on several paddles with the group. Since then I've moved away, but now I'm back, back in Madison, back on WI water, and hopefully back in the group.

Last night I went for a paddle on Lake Monona, not in the usual company of fishing boats, instead sailboats, and even a catamaran. In other words it was windy, quite windy. But the sun was also shining, the water warm. I had a blast. Riding the waves out, and cutting though them on the way back.

Most of the sailboats were cruising together on one small section of the lake. I don't thinking they were formally racing, just sticking together for fun. Which gave me an idea.

Of course every sailor is going to try to get out when there are ideal conditions, and do yard work when there is no wind . . . my question is, "Are there any paddlers who would be interested in impromptu meetups when there are windy conditions?"

It would give us the opportunity to ride the ways with a little more safety, a little more daring, and a lot more fun. I for one don't mind getting wet, and welcome opportunities to practice advanced paddling and rescue skills.

Thanks for reading,

--Rick (Rico)