addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Kernel-Panic Linux User's Group (KPLUG) Message Board › Apple Temptation

Apple Temptation

A former member
Post #: 1
I've used Linux for about a hundred years. Now at my new job my two projects are to be done on a Mac. One is to write a Mac-specific plugin, and the other - well, it too could be described that way. I like some things about Macs, but not others. The bland white and aluminum theme seems too sterile, bland for my taste. Let's see some Mac computers made out of wood, twisted vines, something with life to it. But that's not my point. I'm finding that Apple has indeed done a good job putting stuff together to "just work" and, once getting used to the GUI, it does seem fairly slick. Now I'm tempted to sell my big Linux machine at home and get a Mac for there too. Yeah, Mac all the way - genuine Photoshop to work with artists, art directors, etc and no-think installation of software... yeah....

If anyone wants to talk me out of it - you'll have to arrange a meetup!