On the afternoon of the 22nd of May, the inaugural meeting of the newly-founded UK chapter of Khronos will be held, in association with the LEAP conference (www.leapconf.com).
We are pleased to have Neil Trevett, President of Khronos and OpenCL Chair at this first meeting, which will be hosted by the representatives of Samsung Research UK who are chairing the new Khronos UK chapter.
Note: Registration for this meeting is also being handled in parallel by www.leapconf.com. People attending from LEAP are not shown in the MeetUp attendee list.
This first meeting will provide an opportunity for Khronos members and non-members interested in Khronos standards to meet, discuss and learn about the work of the standards groups, to share advice and techniques for using Khronos technologies, and to provide feedback to vendors about problems and requirements in real-world use cases.
The meeting will start with a few short presentations and demos and then will open for discussion:
• Introduction to Khronos and what it’s groups do
• What a Khronos chapter is for and who we are
• Benefits of standardization
• Khronos standards in embedded/mobile vs desktop devices
• Demos of products using Khronos standards
• Open discussion and questions from the audience
If you have any questions you would like me to put to the hosts and Khronos, please drop me a line.