Palo Alto Knitting Meetup Group Message Board › In need of yarn stash photos - for use in a student project

In need of yarn stash photos - for use in a student project

A former member
Post #: 26
Hello Everyone!

I've been a rather absent member of any knitting and/or crochet groups…

One of the reasons I’ve been so absent lately was that I rather foolishly signed up for far too many classes at the local community college. Well, I’m almost done now, so I can reclaim some of my free time. But I’m working on one last project for a programming course I’m taking in Perl that is due this weekend.

I had decided to write a web-based application to help me keep track of my knitting/crochet books, yarns and materials (knitting needles, hooks, etc.). It’s sort of like the Ravelry’s section on keeping track of your stash, etc., though I hope to add some different features to it to make it more unique eventually and maybe provide a way to be able to transfer information from there to ravelry - if that’s possible… It’s a work in progress and I’m sort of a novice programmer still - so it’s really more of a student project as of yet.

But since it will be online, I was hoping to use some pictures of a yarn stash as a background or header… But it seems that we’ve not gotten organized enough yet to know where our photo archive is right now and all my yarn is mostly still in boxes in the garage, since we’ve not really had much time to organize from our big move.

So, I was wondering if I could call on help from my fellow knitters and/or crocheters here. Do any of you have a photograph of your yarn stash that you feel is particularly artistic looking that you wouldn’t mind my using as a background in my programming project. I would give you credit of course on the website… It would be posted online, as a border or header to my little web-based application.

Thanks!

Elise Algernon